Manage and operate a Snap-on company retail store. Fully develop the assigned route to reach its maximum sales and customer service potential. Company stores serve as a model operation for potential franchisees and others seeking positions with Snap-on.
• Service customers on designated route and maintain a level 5 in customer satisfaction.
• Provide service on products sold by the company.
• Manage store operation to meet sales, margin and profit targets.
• Maintain accountability for sales and collections, and P&L.
• Maintain accountability for corporate assets in the form of cash, inventory, van and accounts receivable.
• Review store operations documents and balance each week.
• Operate store in compliance with the Snap-on program.
• Maintain company store in pristine condition, as it serves as a showcase for the Snap-on franchise.
• Interact with other store managers and zone manager to ensure coordination of programs and policies, and to share best practices.
• Assist with research and testing through the implementation of programs, promotions, products or techniques within the company store operation. Provide feedback on their effectiveness.
• Assist with recruitment efforts.
• Assist with franchisee training by allowing ride-alongs, and by communicating how the program works.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Proven direct sales or sales management experience, preferably in route or outside sales. Retail experience a plus.
• Experience in business related positions.
• Valid driver's license. Ability to drive 16'x20' vehicle 40-50% of the time.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and over 100 pounds occasionally.
• Position requires knowledge and experience in the following areas.
• Product knowledge
• Asset management
• Business operations
• Computer proficiency
• Completion of Snap-on training programs
The following individual characteristics and competencies are particularly important:
• High energy level and highly motivated
• Results driven - set and achieve goals
• Strong communication skills-interpersonal, relationship building, presentations, verbal/written, listening
• Persuasive and influential
• Customer focused
• Strong core values
• Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity