compensation: Depending on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
UU Santa Fe is looking to hire one remarkable contracted employee to fill a 20 hour per week Business Manager position. UU Santa Fe is a stable congregation with approximately 230 members. This valued position will work closely with the Office Administrator and Minister and also with several key volunteers and committees. The Business Manager position is benefit eligible. This position is responsible for the day-to-day financial and administrative operations of the church. Bachelor’s degree in a business related major and/or at least 2 years in comparable work experience needed with specific education in accounting. Support this dynamic, caring and liberal thinking Unitarian Universalist congregation by reviewing the job description and applying for this position..
Average hours per day 4 hours
Average hours per week 20
Days of the week M-F, occasional weekend/evenings
Months Per Year 12 months per year
Benefits Eligibility: Yes, pro-rated
Type of Position: 2-3 year negotiated contract
Work Location: Primarily in office, some work potentially off site
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises contract employees (cleaning, landscape and building maintenance, etc.).
Supervision Received: Duties are performed under the direction of the Board of Trustees as delegated to the Vice President for Finance. Works collegially with key volunteers (finance, fundraising, facilities, etc.) Works closely with the Office Administrator and Minister and is a key participant in UU Santa Fe staff meetings.
Summary Statement: UU Santa Feis a stable congregation with approximately 230 members, 4 paid staff and several contractors. The Business Manager is a half-time contract employee who is responsible for the day-to-day financial and administrative operations of the church. The Business Manager requires congenial interaction with other staff, church officers and the Board of Trustees, Finance, facilities and the congregation. The Business Manager works closely with key volunteers, participates in weekly staff meetings, and attends other committee meetings as needed (e.g., Board, Operations, Facilities, Program Council). There are various aspects of the position requiring confidentiality including, but not limited to, member contributions.
· Educational requirements: Bachelor's degree in a business related major or comparable work experience; accounting specific education
· Minimum of two years’ experience in a comparable financial management position.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and independently organize work, demonstrate initiative, flexibility and follow through in an accurate, timely manner within a church environment
· Solid knowledge of and experience with spreadsheet and QuickBooks accounting software. Competence in management of email and electronic documents
· Experience in or willingness to develop competence in Breeze, our church management system
· Excellent general computer skills (Microsoft Office 365, Zoom); MailChimp and Weebly website tools highly desirable
· Knowledge of office management procedures for tracking, reporting and completing the payment of bills, payrolls, taxes, contracts for goods and services, and other financial transactions
· Evidence of reliability and accuracy in handling cash, checks, and other such assets
· Competence in a team working environment and good interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of governmental requirements, such as taxes and insurance, and procedures for complying
· Excellent interpersonal skill dealing with volunteers and the public