condition: good cylinders: 8 cylinders drive: 4wd fuel: gas odometer: 120000 paint color: white size: full-size title status: clean transmission: automatic type: SUV
QR Code Link to This Post
Walti 1987 Grand Wagoneer History and Background
I acquired this Grand Wagoneer in October 2021 on a Bring-A-Trailer auction for $12,750. The car was then located in Minnesota and had previously been a California car. I had the car shipped to the nationally recognized WagonMaster restoration/repair shop in Austin.
Since ownership, I have focused exclusively on making it as mechanically bullet proof as possible. It’s “driver” quality car that is largely original (digital dash and new radio) and thus has many little cosmetic things that could be improved.
Here is the list of repairs/improvements made to the vehicle since ownership:
Wagonmaster Repairs (Jan ’22 – Oct’22)
Tune Up and Reseal
– Inspect and repair any leaks both engine and transmission
– Tune up engine with new ignition components.
– Replace alternator, Tensioner, Idler Pulley
Will have to reuse the smog pump due to inability to find a replacement part. It will not affect engine performance.
Replace Air Conditioning
– Replace with new compressor and hoses.
– New condenser
– Flush or replace evaporator
Replace cooling system
– New Radiator
– New radiator hoses and heater hoses.
– Replace Water Pump
– Replace belts
– Inspect and replace Catalytic convertor
– Inspect and replace exhaust pipes if leaking.
Install fuel Injection
Drain and clean the fuel tank as needed. And Install complete fuel injection kit from Howell.
Suspension and Steering
Replace steering linkage and bushings. b. Install new ball joints
Replace upper and lower ball joints c. Install new Power Steering Pump
Replace Power Steering hoses d. Complete frontend alignment
Shocks for lifted vehicle
New white wall tires
Complete replacement of brake system.
– New pads and shoes front and rear
– New discs and drums front and rear
– New calipers on front and wheel cylinders on rear
– New wheel bearings on all four wheels.
– New Master cylinder and flush out lines.
Replace seat belts with good used parts
Inspect and repair all interior lights
Install new Sony radio w/ Bluetooth and 4 new speakers
Install Keyless Entry
Replace window flex track with parts from BJ’s Offroad
Complete inspection of interior to ensure all systems working
Est Cost: $23,000
Spears Automotive Repairs (Oct 22 to Present)
Install new fuel injection system
Install new fuel pickup system
Replace complete ignition system
Install 3-coil heavy duty radiator
Recharge air conditioner
Fix heater fan
Estimated Cost: $15,000
Total Cost To Date: $51,000
Do NOT contact this poster with unsolicited services or offers.