house w/d hookups no smoking off-street parking wheelchair accessible
QR Code Link to This Post
* 2B/2Ba adobe, insulated, energy efficient passive solar
* Two separate living areas
* New standing seam metal roof
* New Pella awning windows and new double pane windows in the south-facing 6'x80' passive-solar sun room
* Passive-solar hot water batch heater connected to electric hot water heater
* New stucco
* Well (shared with one other house) has excellent pressure and provides great water quality and quantity and has a new passively- solar heated masonry well house
* 5,400 gal rain water above ground catchment system for watering the trees and garden
* 9.4 partially fenced acres, horses allowed.
Just under 3,000 ft², this single-level adobe home has an open floor plan, brick floors laid on sand, two portals, brick patio, privacy from the road and mountain views. The house is easily divided in two spaces each with private entrances, but connected by the passive solar hallway/sunroom which efficiently provides most of the winter heating.
The main living area's great room flows to the dining area and a kitchen with generous counter space and original custom built wood cabinets. The master bedroom is extra large. Wood stoves provide additional heat in colder months. The spacious guest quarter has a 3/4 bath, and is set up with kitchen sink & counter, full size stove and 'fridge. Versatile use as a separate apartment, an artist's studio, a work space, an office or home business, or part of the main house.
In addition, the brick patio has its own craftsman-style, partially enclosed outdoor kitchen with a poured concrete counter and sink, and space to shelter your grill. A private outdoor shower is connected to a passive solar batch hot water heater -- both the kitchen and shower utilize grey water for the garden.
A very efficient passive solar batch water heater on the roof supplements the electric hotwater heater thereby keeping electricity costs down. Rooms are wired for electric baseboard, and wood stoves back up the passive solar heat.
5,400 gallon above ground rain water catchment and storage used for watering apple, peach, apricot and native trees and drought-tolerant landscape plantings, plus a storage shed. Meticulous attention to detail and upgrades along with thoughtful use of resources have been applied throughout the property.
1.2 miles to the San Marcos Cafe and Feed Store
7.8 miles to the 599 Railrunner Station
6.1 miles to Santa Fe Studios
8.4 mi Cerrillos Hills State Park
11.7 mi to SF Community College
18.9 miles to the Plaza
For more information or to schedule a showing contact us by clicking the reply button upper left corner of this post. Realtors, please limit your contact with us to representing potential buyers -- at this time we are not interesting in a listing agent.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers