favorite this postAre You a Former Catholic Woman Who has Disaffiliated from the Church?hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
Are You a Former Catholic Woman Who has Disaffiliated from the Church?
Student researcher is looking for former Catholic women (age 18+) to participate in a study examining the experience of religious disaffiliation from the Catholic Church.
To participate you must be an adult, Former Catholic woman who:
* Has not been diagnosed with and is not in treatment for a mental disorder;
* Does not presently have any religious affiliation;
* Was raised in the Catholic tradition;
* Disaffiliated from the Catholic Church in adulthood;
* Did not disaffiliate from the Catholic Church due to a perceived abuse that is alleged to have been perpetrated by an individual associated with the church;
* Is able to discuss the research topic in a manner adequate to explain it at length;
* Is interested in and willing to disclose and discuss her religious disaffiliation experience;
* Is able to articulate and converse about her religious disaffiliation experience in a coherent manner; and
* Is willing to commit to a 1-2 hour, semi-structured, oral, in-person OR VoIP (e.g., Skype) interview.
Individuals who are under age 18 or do not meet any of the aforementioned criteria are not eligible to participate.
Email researcher to participate or request additional information.
Researcher's and researcher's mentor's contact information available upon request.
* Purpose of the research: The experience of religious disaffiliation has received very little attention in in the psychological literature, despite becoming a more common trend among the religious. The proposed research will introduce to the psychological knowledge base new information about a more frequently occurring phenomenon, furthering the study of the effect of religiosity on the psyche and advancing the study of the psychology of religion.
* Research procedures: Data will be collected via semi-structured, one-on-one, audio-recorded interviews, lasting 1-2 hours.
* Data storage and destruction: Audio recordings will be transcribed using a transcriptionist who has signed a "Confidentiality Agreement." The transcriptions, the researcher's notes, etc., will be stored in the researcher's personal fireproof, locked filing cabinet, to which only the researcher has access. These data shall be retained by the researcher for seven years following the conclusion of the inquiry (as per University policy), after which time they will be destroyed by fire.
* Researcher will exercise reasonable caution to protect participants' privacy.
* Researcher does not anticipate more than minimal benefits or risks to participants.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers